View Single Post
Old 07-01-2020, 04:26 PM
Bob Andrews

I'm ambivalent. I enjoy baseball but I haven't followed MLB very closely in quite a few years. Plus, the season hadn't started. I might feel differently if we had seen an Opening Day and some good storylines and then had it shut down.

There are two aspects of baseball I do miss...first, we always make a couple of trips to minor league parks around Texas. That started when my kids were young and we would drive down to the Rio Grande Valley and take in independent Texas-Louisiana League games. We've kept up the tradition with trips to the AA and AAA franchises around the state. The teams have worked hard to make game nights fun. Not gonna happen at all this year. The minors are in trouble I think.

I also normally go to college games at the University of Houston (my school) and San Jac JC which is just a few minutes away from me. I was able to see some games before it all shut down but I was looking forward to more.