Thread: Latest Pickups
View Single Post
Old 05-20-2020, 10:20 AM
Gr.eg McCl.@y

Quote:
Originally Posted by RCMcKenzie View Post
Thanks, G, like my paternal grandmother told me, "no good deed goes unpunished." When you explained to me that T218 Tolstoi had 50 cards, and provided a checklist, I went all-in, thinking I'm going to complete it. I promise not to hoard, and trade all my dupes..Rob 18/50
I fear I have simply been driving the price up on a couple of them for you, Rob! Were you the winner of the Young Donahue yesterday? I thought I stood a good chance with my bid but ended up being the third bidder. Looks like these cards great scarcity is no longer a secret. I am sitting at 20/50, 0 duplicates, including the Jack Johnson, but it has been some time since I've been able to add another one. 88% of the way through the whole T218 Master Set. It seems to me that most of us chasing the Tolstoi's all have most of the same cards (Like Jeffries, Northridge, Sedley, etc.), and nobody has got much further than half way on them. I have been tracking T218 since 2004, and I haven't seen more than maybe 10 Tolstoi backs at most of any one front.

- Greg