View Single Post
Old 10-28-2016, 07:54 AM
Chris

Cardfather, here is my response to your questions/comments:

I DON'T GET GUYS LIKE YOU!!!!

You went to game 5 of a World Series game, but you're not a fan of either team??????
- Correct. I am not a fan of either team. I am from New York though, I respect the Mets, and I was pulling for them to win. I actually drove to Philly this year to watch them clinch their playoff spot this year and was hoping they would make it further in playoffs.

Then why did you go??? Are you a millionaire who had nothing better to do on that night??? And if you got the tickets for free, why not give (or even sell) them to a real fan of either team?
- I am not a millionaire and I had to pay good money for my tickets, albeit less than many people had to pay since I bought it early the morning of the game when prices had dropped a bit. I monitored ticket prices and splurged when they got to what I viewed as a reasonable price. I went for a couple of reasons. First, I am a huge fan of the game of baseball and of watching baseball games. Second, last year was my last year living in New York, and the Yankees did not make it to a World Series while I was there. Third, my best friend is a huge Mets fan. He wanted to go to the game really badly but did not want to go by himself. I wanted him to be able to see the game, I had the money to afford tickets, and, to be frank, I wanted to share that experience with my friend as it is a memory that neither of us will forget. My wife encouraged me to just buy the tickets and go as I'd regret it if I didn't.

I'm a die-hard Mets fan, and I've never been to a World Series game. (I simply can't afford to go.)
- During the last World Series, they released a number of tickets to the public the day of the game. You had to go to the box office to purchase them, but, while they were more expensive than regular season games, they were cheaper than buying through the secondary market. I am not sure the times that were on sale as I did not learn about that option until after the game. Something to consider if the opportunity presents itself again. Given the strength of the team it is very likely.