View Single Post
Old 10-29-2016, 10:15 PM
"Thumbs Down Guy"

Quote:
Originally Posted by KingFisk View Post
Game 2 of the 2009 World Series. Decked out in Phillies gear, we ventured to a nearby Burger King before the game. A few tense moments as a local Bronx denizen wouldn't leave me alone, heckled me past the point of good naturedness and actually said ominously "you're a long way from Philly, boy."

The fact that the Phillies lost a close one 3-1 behind a solid start from Pedro Martinez didn't bother me so much having escaped Burger King with my life. . AJ Burnett was unhittable that night...he put on a clinic.
I didn't have tickets but I walked around the area during the game and took pictures. Here are a couple of favorites...

As the first pitch of Game 2 is thrown (see the flat-screen TV), fans wait outside the ticket sales window hoping the Yankees will make more tickets available.

(Photo taken October 29, 2009. © Gary Dunaier. Link to upload on Flickr.com: here.)

Meanwhile, in a laundromat a couple of blocks away from the stadium (Super Laundry Of Ogden, 96 W. 162nd Street, near Ogden Avenue), a man watches the game on TV.

(Photo taken October 29, 2009. © Gary Dunaier. Link to upload on Flickr.com: here.)

If you like those, you'll like the 78 photos I took around the stadium and its neighborhood during the game. They can be found on Flickr (link).