View Single Post
Old 07-26-2020, 08:50 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by thecomebacker View Post
Agree with him. You won’t be able to find a perfectly centered 52 Topps Mantle for 30k anymore even if it is a PSA 2.5 unless you hit one of those hidden treasures in an estate sale or something. Nice 52 Mantles shot up like mad during Covid. Anything nicely centered (not perfect) with nice eye appeal is probably 40k and up now. The same card was probably 25-30k at the beginning of the year. You’ll still be able to get a nice 52 for 30k, but probably won’t be as nice and centered as you were hoping. Either way 52 Topps Mickey all day and night over the others.

Centered 52T mantles have become next to impossible to find and very few are perfectly centered. When a nice centered example does pop up it normally commands a huge premium over the average prices for the grade, in most cases at least double if not more. The 52T mantle is THE card to get and defines the hobby, if your going to pony up the cash for one it makes the most since to be patient and save more money for a centered copy. As I’ve said and it’s mentioned above, a nicely centered example will cost you well over 30K if you can even find one. Don’t look for a specific grade just go for centering and overall eye appeal which make that card in my opinion.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk