View Single Post
Old 04-13-2020, 09:24 PM
D@le Irv*n

Great stories, Ranjodh and Brian. I am really enjoying them and learning a lot in the process.

Unfortunately, as I mentioned before, I don't recall seeing Orr play, or many other greats, but I know I did growing up watching hockey with my Father and Uncle's.

They were all Montreal CDN fans so those, more than likely, were the games I watched the most, and most likely on Saturday nights when I was allowed to stay up a bit later?

Speaking of OPC/Topps cards, were all Topps hockey cards printed in Canada in those mid+ 60's or were some actually printed in the U.S.?
When I see mid 60's Topps cards of Orr, and others, and see they were printed in Canada, to me, that means they're OPC cards.
I am likely offside with that thinking as I believe "true" OPC cards have french writing on the back but I've always been curious about that.

And speaking of 67-68 Topps Orr cards, I am currently looking for any of those 3 from the 67-68 set, especially the Calder Memorial Trophy card, which has always appealed to me the most for some reason?

I know I have likely had those cards in my hand at one point or another, maybe even an Orr rookie at one time, but unfortunately the only card I have remaining from my childhood of Orr is his 68-69 James Norris Trophy card.
Not in the best of condition, as you can see, but I'm glad, somehow, through the years, I was able to retain it.

Ranjodh, I appreciate you making these threads, and Brian, like usual, I enjoy reading your great write ups about the game of hockey and what you've experienced and can remember.

Thanks guys!
Attached Images
File Type: jpg Bobby Orr JNT 68-69.jpg (56.2 KB, 97 views)