View Single Post
Old 02-20-2021, 03:22 AM
Mîçhæ£ ßöw£ß¥

Thank you all for the kind words.

My Olympic collectors group does not appreciate what I collect - Original photos of American Olympians and Olympic photographer items. I don't share my other passions with most of them. One friend appreciates the book as he goes to quite a few concerts. However, with an MBA he tries to apply dumb*ss metrics (a d*ckhead word to me) and lists all the people who have not signed it. I just counter with the fact that there are over 500 signatures in it and (as of today) 95 deceased so it cannot be duplicated. Just like those who collect autographs of everyone who played for a great baseball team it is the lesser known who add quality and value.

I just spent an hour or more adding signature and photos and the uploads failed. I will try again later today. It is bedtime.

Dr. John - signed this after performing at an Earth Day Concert April 7, 1996 at the Hatch Shell in Boston.

dr-john-1.jpg

Dave Edmunds - signed at an in store appearance at Strawberry Records, Copley Square Boston.

Edmunds-1.jpg

Yvonne Elliman - originally known for performing in "Jesus Christ Superstar" on Broadway and in the film. She had a number 1 hit from the "Saturday Night Fever" soundtrack - 'If I Can't Have You'. She also had 3 other top 40 hits and was a backup singer for Eric Clapton in the 1970's. She was appearing at the Chiller Theatre autograph show in New Jersey in 2013. Fortunately, it was the same day as the big photo show in NYC so I had two reasons to drive up north. I was in line to pay to get her signature. I mentioned to the person collecting her money that she would be the first person I have paid to sign the book. He said 'Why break that streak?' and let me get it for free. When she saw me she asked 'Do you know who you look like?' I thought I knew the answer as during that time a number of people told me I looked like Steve Buscemi in Boardwalk Empire (I have better teeth). It turns out it was someone from a Star Trek or Star Wars movie whom she had acted with. I have no idea who it was.

elliman-1.jpg

"The man who can keep a secret may be wise, but he is not half as wise as the man with no secrets to keep”

Last edited by Michael B; 02-20-2021 at 12:52 PM.