Thread: Net54 lives on!
View Single Post
Old 12-14-2006, 05:15 PM
Administrator

Default Net54 lives on!

Posted By: leon

It's creators, if you will, were John Spencer and his right hand guy, Mike Williams. It was the Fullcount Baseball Card Company chatboard. Here is the first post from it.

__________________________________________________ ___________________________

Welcome!
Date: 11/13/98
Time: 11:13:20 PM

Comments
We welcome you to our site! This bulletin board was designed for you, the "vintage" baseball collector, as a means of communication with other individuals that share "our" passion. Please feel free to use it as often as you like - our goal is to be the Internet source for "vintage" baseball communication. Have fun and participate!

__________________________________________________ ___________________________

**So that is where this originated from. In the old days there was no editing or deleting, for the most part, by anyone. It was somewhat out of control and John and/or Mike got tired of it and closed it down. It was John's real decision as it was his company website. I think they were threatened with lawsuits but not positive. It's not like I haven't ever heard the "lawsuit" thing before . This was before the reform of the internet law and it was less protective of individual chatboard owners/moderators. When they closed it down Elliot and Mike each started one and those on the old board gravitated towards the Net54 platform as it seemed better operationally. Mike had his chatboard on Yahoo, I believe. It certainly wasn't anything personal as both are great guys. After, about a year or so?? (I could be off on that) Elliot retired the reins to Bill and then Bill, to I, about 1 1/2 to 2 years ago. For the record I still think I was the first to post on this board and Elliot says he has proof he was....I think my first post got deleted, da** it . At any rate it's really the collective community that should be thanked the most for the board. John used the term "passion" to describe himself and the other board members. I think that is an apt term. It is my honor to serve as moderator. best regards