View Single Post
Old 01-03-2020, 02:03 AM
M@rk Comer

Default Brooks Robinson

Day 3 (January 3, 2020 – 003)

I posted the Brooks and Orioles thread in the Forum – Postwar Baseball Card Forum, but I know the majority of the items I’ll be posting will probably not be his regular issue Topps cards; I hope there’s no offence (if there is blame it on the other player collectors; I just followed suit ). When collecting cards I’m not especially condition sensitive. I guess I’ve gotten pickier over the years (who started the off-center thing; didn’t even notice when I was young), but I don’t need a perfect card. Maybe someone on the site will show some high grade Brooks Robinson cards (that would be NICE). Personally I like a nice visually appealing card, but since I started collecting I have only submitted three cards which were progressive proofs, though BVG, since the other three proofs I acquired beforehand were already in BVG holders and thought it would make for a nice display. Any other card that I have entombed were purchased this way; so, I’m not shooting it out within the PSA registry (even though I thought about it a few times).

Below are 1972 Topps Brooks Robinson KP proofs; three of the proofs were my only submission. I believe there’s a couple more color progression proofs that I don’t have, but most, as you can see, are not very exciting.

1972 Topps KP proofs.

Day 3 1.jpg
Day 3 2.jpg
Day 3 3.jpg