View Single Post
Old 02-17-2023, 09:11 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by bnorth View Post
No I have honestly never heard that except from people trying to say people used to say it. Just part of the new conspiracy theory some have read about on Facebook and Twitter.
To be fair, the official position was that people with natural immunity from getting covid were still required to take the covid vaccine. Natural immunity was not good enough. Many tried to avoid the covid requirements by claiming natural immunity, but were unsuccessful. That stance made no sense to me and really put me on the defensive.

I also worked in the pharmaceutical industry for a long time and was concerned when President Trump was pushing the covid vaccine so hard. When they gave the placebo group in the clinical trials the vaccine after three months, that sealed the deal for me. Without long-term safety studies it was a risk I was not willing to take.

The most shocking thing of the whole period was how much pressure was applied to try and get me to change my mind. My family begged, yelled, cried and shamed me. Friends did the same. Society and the goverment tried every possible carrot and stick to get me to take the vaccine. It was relentless and powerful. Quite the learning experience.