View Single Post
Old 02-18-2023, 09:31 AM
Ben North

Quote:
Originally Posted by tpeichel View Post
From my perspective, the consistent messaging was that the vaccines were safe and effective and that everyone should take them. The agencies almost never added the caveat that we did not have long-term safety data and everyone needed to make their own risk assessment.

Sure, it was always a choice. No one was being held down and getting injected. But the mandates were real. And choosing to not follow the vaccine mandate had real world, dire consequences for many people. Lose your job, lose your health insurance, maybe lose your house.

The pressure was immense, including societal ostracization.
And now we know that the government agencies were working with big tech to censor any voices questioning the government vaccine narrative (Twitter files). Massive first amendment violations.
I get the pressure part. Weirdly here even with all the early deaths in a small community from covid you were considered an idiot for getting the vaccine.

I know and hang out with people in all levels of life. The only mandate here was masks at the hospital/health care facilities and dentist office. There were a few places like assisted living facilities that offered a bonus for getting the vaccine.