View Single Post
Old 02-18-2023, 12:17 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by bnorth View Post
To the part I made bold. This is the part that I just do not get. Yes there can be adverse affects. Seriously how BLEEPING stupid would someone have to be to not know that. Peanuts, aspirin, and many common things kill people every year. There are warnings on everything so how could this product be immune to having adverse effects? It is like nobody has any common sense at all anymore.

Hasn't 99.99% of every business ever on the entire planet only cared about profit and couldn't care less about your health?

I might not get your post but I do appreciate you posting your POV instead of silly links.
I agree that people should understand that businesses are made to profit and to not blindly trust that corporation have your best interest at heart, but critical thought seems to be in short supply these days.

People have learned to trust in our societies ability to institute regulatory guides to help ensure that products brought to market are safe for consumers, though you would think that the systems past failures would give people pause.

Still, the rigorous safety testing and regulatory monitoring has seemed to work fairly well. When I worked in the pharma industry before everything went digital, they would print out all of the reviewed and approved toxicology studies, nonclinical trial data, and clinical trial data to put into three ring binders, then back up a huge truck to load and send to the FDA for review. It would take years to get new drugs approved because of the need to see how the new product affected the body over the long-term.

The FDA review and approval process determined if the product was safe. Pharmaceutical companies' ads only can claim to help what was specifically tested and they must always detail safety specifics because compounds interact differently for men and women, various age cohorts, people with certain conditions or on other medications, pregnant women, etc.

The final guardrail is the ability of the consumer to get restitution if the product causes harm when the corporation claimed it was safe. It is small consolation for those injured or dead, but it is incentive for the manufacturers to make sure they do not cut corners.

All of the guardrails our society has set up to ensure product safety, were violated in some way with the covid vaccines.

Federal regulatory agencies and even the media used to be great watchdogs to keep corporations in line, it no longer feels like that is the case.