View Single Post
Old 08-04-2014, 09:38 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gobucsmagic74 View Post
As has been discussed recently, 1914 Cracker Jacks seem to be surging in price over the past few months and this got me interested in seeing what influence that surge has had on SMR pricing. When I went to SMR online it noted, "SMR online updated on 7-28-14" however when I clicked on 1914 Cracker Jack it reads, "Prices as of 5-27-14". Does anyone know why there has not been an update since May or if it is common for certain vintage sets to only update periodically?

That leads to a follow-up question about SMR pricing. It appears that SMR's pricing of HoF'ers (and commons for that matter) seems considerably low compared to the market trend of 1914 Cracker Jacks and I'm wondering if this is more the result of no updates since 5-27-14 or if SMR is just conservative and resistant to market trends in general? I obviously wouldn't expect one or two sales to greatly impact pricing, but I would think the general hobby consensus that 1914 CJ's are red hot would influence pricing. Just wanted to get some insight from the veterans on this topic.

That said, if anyone happens to have a Lajoie in PSA 3/SGC 40 I would happily pay full SMR of $800 via paypal gift.
The best insight is to find dealers that use the SMR as gospel and buy accordingly.