View Single Post
Old 05-04-2021, 05:46 PM
D@rrΣn Hu.ghΣs

I've got two entertaining ones...

Mid 80's sitting in the Burger King in Huntington, NY, when the largest arm I have ever seen in my life reaches over me and grabs my friend's NY Giants wallet off of the table (he's a complete Giants nut). I immediately react, jump up and turn around to confront the thief, and who do I see? Mark frickin' Gastineau standing there with a huge grin on his face chuckling. He flips the wallet back on the table and says, "Ha! It's probably empty anyway." (For those of you out of the loop, he was a huge part of the New York Jets team, and there's an immense rivalry between Jets and Giants fans in the NY area.) My friend, thin as a rail, but a complete wise ass says, "Nope, it's loaded...from betting on Big Blue." It was one of the coolest moments ever, because he was teeming with gleeful personality. His wife was standing there smiling like crazy, and he had his baby daughter in his arms. Very, very cool.

Mid 90's, we're leaving the Islanders game and my friend points out that frickin' Carol Alt was sitting on the aisle a few rows up from us (we were stuck on the steps waiting for the lines of people to move). I say, "Hold on a moment." And just walk right up to her and say, "Hi, Ms. Alt. Big fan. My friends call me Elms. I'd love to take you out to grab a cup of coffee." She smiles warmly and replies, "That is so-ooo sweet." (In other words, she never actually answered my question.) We chat for a moment or two, and I leave being the only person I know who has ever asked out a super model.

https://www.youtube.com/@TheJollyElm

Looking to trade? Here's my bucket:
https://www.flickr.com/photos/152396...57685904801706

“I was such a dangerous hitter I even got intentional walks during batting practice.”
Casey Stengel

Spelling "Yastrzemski" correctly without needing to look it up since the 1980s.

Overpaying yesterday is simply underpaying tomorrow.