View Single Post
Old 08-01-2019, 08:57 PM

Hi all,

I don’t post here much, but i did watch the movie and want to add my $.02.

I loved this movie, deeply connected with Stu, and frankly think we should applaud anytime someone’s love for baseball cards and our hobby is brought to mainstream media.

YES some of the storyline and scenes were scripted and premeditated, but come on - this was a low budget movie about junk era baseball cards!!

Anyway, maybe i feel more connected than others because I’m the same age as Stu and (started) collecting the same time as him. My parents are still
Married, but i have kids of my own who i share this great hobby with my children so understand the father/ child bond that baseball cards bring and could only imagine what it was like for Stu and his sisters to deal with their hero/ dad walking out on them.

Yes, the story got away from the cards, but i was ok with it and really enjoyed the movie and it’s general association with baseball cards. I also gave my kids an extra big hug and told them how much i love them after watching the movie.

So there’s my $.02, or maybe it’s a nickel worth but wanted to share my thoughts. Thank you for reading this (assuming you made it to the end! Ha!)

DZ