View Single Post
Old 02-20-2021, 05:11 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jcfowler6 View Post
I was a die hard Bonds fan when he played for the Pirates initially. I followed him closely for several years.

He soured on me as his attitude slid. When I saw my first favorite manager, Jim Leland, go nuts in him the blinders came off. I watch him never smile. Rarely had time for kids. And then he left if San Fran and his head grew three sizes.

The hall of shame would be appropriate. He cheated. He had a loud attitude. And he lasted way longer because of his PEDs.

No way you can honor that type of cheating. You just can’t look last it.

Tired of the argument that he was great before the drugs. No one was walking Bonds with bases loaded before PEDs.

It’s a tragedy. But that’s life. Keep him out of the hall.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Similar with me. I was a Bonds supercollector with 100 count lots of his rookies plus cases of wax and sets from 1987. I sold it all off in 2001.

He refused to reposition himself in the 92 playoffs when he was told he was playing too deep. Then when the ball was hit to him he couldn't throw the runner out costing his team the series. This is one of the fundamentals you are taught in little league. Bonds was a head case who wouldn't listen to his manager or teammates.

This after hitting .191 with 1 HR and 3 RBI in 20 playoff games resulting in 3 playoff losses. Then he had the nerve to say he wanted to go to a team that he could win with. Bonds was an overrated loser who couldn't perform in the clutch. He never won anything. He doped because he wasn't good enough clean, but he still wasn't good enough win anything even dirty.

Bonds doesn't deserve the Hall of Fame. He cheated and received his glory during his career. There are enough writers that won't vote for him to keep him out. I don't see players who he cheated out of MVPs, large contracts, AS games and other honors ever voting for him.