View Single Post
Old 07-27-2020, 06:02 PM
Scott M.@.r.k.s.

Just got in another card for this display.
I knew all along I would snag one of these, as I think its one of the more "important" post war cards, and the only card to picture all three of these players together as far as I can remember. I know there's a few photos of them together, but not any cards other than this one, that I can recall offhand.
These are still relatively affordable cards, but expect a $300+ pricetag in PSA 8 or higher.

(I *DO* have a PSA 8 copy of one of these too, tucked away)
In fact, when I returned to the hobby a few years back, this is one of the first cards I went after. I think this is a "must have" for most post war collectors personally. Not terribly expensive, and a card featuring 3 of the all time greats.

- 1966 Topps batting leaders -

The centering isn't the best on this one, but the color is very strong in hand and ultimately that's why I bought it.
Anything behind glass , like this will be....... needs to have good color, and this one has it in spades.
Sooner or later I'll nab a scanner so I won't need to use these poor cell phone pictures, but you get the idea.

For a mere $39 + shipping, I thought it was a great pickup for this project, and it fits the bill perfectly.

Only room for 1-2 cards more, so I'm closing in on getting this one done too. Currently eyeing a decent eye appeal '57 or a '58.
If any of you guys have a raw '57 or '58 that might be something along the lines of what I'm looking for, feel free to drop me a PM.

Hopefully in the next few weeks I will finish this project and go back to my normal type PC pickups.

Successful deals with - "HCV123"/Howard Chasser, "ejstel" , "mzljapan" , "aronbenabe" , "Santo10Fan" , " Robextend", "rjackson44", "Wanaselja", "eliminator", "Dboneesq" , "Oneofthree67", "Lucas00", "ccre" , "D. Bergin" and several others.

Last edited by DJCollector1; 07-27-2020 at 06:04 PM.