Thread: Crazy uncles
View Single Post
Old 07-12-2020, 07:41 PM
M@++ Cyganik

Just my 2 cents but it seems Aaron bit off more than he could chew with this enterprise this early in the game.

Despite his billed pedigree from Steiners, he only worked there 3 years and less than 2 years as a "senior auction coordinator". His resume makes no mention of auction/sports memorabilia experience before that.

His website and prior posts on here make strong mention that he's been a collector since the 1980s... considering he's 39/40, he's using his time as a small child to establish a reputation as a long-time collector.

He claims the auction house has owners with a lot of capital potentially investing in him/CU, but has admitted in prior auctions he's essentially a 1-man shipper.

This would not be a big deal for an auction house just starting out with a manageable size of lots and moderate investment pieces, but he seemed to attract some big fish (CJDave included) with over 1200 lots for sale and 50+ items selling for over $2k+ including the $79k Batman #1.

If he's a 1-man consignee/invoicer/shipper and his investors are hands-off, I imagine trying to deal with so many consigners/buyers who are invested in such expensive items will inevitably overwhelm him with such a large volume. And unless he's extremely detail-oriented and working non-stop, it's going to take a looooooooong time to fulfill such a large auction.

My hope is CJDave and the other consigners and buyers will get this worked out with him and he and his investors learn something from this. But considering this is the 3rd(?) auction CU has run and none of them have gotten good word of mouth, I don't see this getting much better for awhile, if ever.