Thread: Miguel Cabrera
View Single Post
Old 08-03-2021, 04:55 PM
Tim Odeen

Quote:
Originally Posted by Peter_Spaeth View Post
I hope this doesn't come off as politically incorrect, but I think something inevitably is lost when the player isn't really fluent in the language. And there is a fair amount of that with such a high percentage of Latinx (did I use that right?) players in this era.

PS It's never comfortable to see great players hang on where they aren't even good any more. Without looking to start a steroid discussion, as a Red Sox fan, I was glad to see Ortiz exit while still very productive.
You and Stephen A Smith. I'll take it at face value though and not rake you through the coals. I certainly thought Tony La Russa said worse earlier this year about his player swinging on 3-0. My dad taught me to "kick em when their down" during competition. But that's also because we were Seahawks fans, and they always found ways to lose in the 1990s.

But I think there is certainly smoke and fire about the statement. Although, Ichiro comes to mind as a player that everyone loves even though he had built a wall. He is still adored in Seattle. His autograph is working its way up to the top of my buy list.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G930A using Tapatalk
Successful deals with: Banksfan14, Brianp-beme, Bumpus Jones, Dacubfan (x5), Dstrawberryfan39, Ed_Hutchinson, Fballguy, fusorcruiser (x2), GoCalBears, Gorditadog, Luke, MikeKam, Moosedog, Nineunder71, Powdered H20, PSU, Ronniehatesjazz, Roarfrom34, Sebie43, Seven, and Wondo