View Single Post
Old 10-12-2013, 05:50 PM

z28jd,

I also own some cards where there are less than five known. So I know what you are talking about.

In my opinion, when it comes to cards that are so rare, a lot of collectors hear the low numbers and think they would be so hard to find they consider them non-existent. So, for example, my Star Player Candy cards are so rare but their prices are not that high. Most likely because collectors don't want to go after them because they don't show up very often.

Another example were four common Curtis Ireland Candy cards that just sold in an auction a few days ago for $500 dollars. The breakdowns were as follows: "1 of 3 highest graded, only graded, 1 of 3, highest graded and 1 of 3, one better".

Can you imagine the prices on these if they were common T 206's, 1933 Goudey's or 1952 Topps? However because of their rarity, they didn't go for very much.

With the 1935 Chicle football set, I think they are just hard enough to find to put a set together that when it comes to the Nagurski, 135 graded cards gives people the feeling of rare enough but not impossible to find and thus the prices for these cards should be healthy.

David