View Single Post
Old 01-14-2010, 11:19 PM
5t3v3...D4.w50n

Honestly, I'd leave them in the Topps holders when you submit them for grading. All the grading companies can encapsulate them in the Topps holders.

The reason I say this is that while I don't understand the rationale, people have paid substantially more for the Topps buybacks, than for the same card not in a Topps buyback holder. Once you take the card out of the Topps holder, it becomes just another T206 or T207, and it therefore loses that Topps "premium".

Edited to add:

Also, after looking at your T206, it appears to maybe be a bit short vertically. I'm not saying it's trimmed; however, let me play Devil's Advocate here, and say it is trimmed. If you take it out of the Topps holder and submit it to PSA or SGC, etc..... They look at it as they would any other T206, conclude that it is trimmed, and send it back to you not encapsulated. You are then disappointed

Now, if you submit it in the Topps holder, the grader looks at it as a Topps buyback, which gives it maybe a bit more "legitimacy". I don't know if PSA or SGC grades the Topps buybacks differently or not. If they do however, you stand a much better chance of having the card encapsulated. You are now happy

Steve

Last edited by Steve D; 01-14-2010 at 11:27 PM.