View Single Post
Old 08-04-2021, 03:23 PM
Frank
Fra.nk Anth0ny

Ohtani is having a great season. I watch him play every chance I get. Are players today better than players of the past? NO. You can not compare different era's. Think of the equipment used. Could today's players catch a ball in the early day gloves? Todays glover are at least twice the size, and they still have trouble catching a ball. They wouldn't even know how to catch in one of those old gloves. That why the old saying was two hands catching. How about bats? could todays players hit with the old clunky bats they used back then? I'll bet the early players would have loved to get their hands on one of the new skinny bats. The baseball were not yet as hard as today, yet they could hit em a mile. And last but not least the pitchers. ERA doesn't mean much today as starting pitchers last only five or six innings before being replaced by a reliever. The old timers pitched a game from start to finish whether it be nine innings or fifteen innings. Players from all eras would play just as well as each other. You can't compare era's now or ever. Same game, same way to play.