View Single Post
Old 02-03-2015, 12:16 PM
D@v!d J@m3s
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by nolemmings View Post
First of all, the notion that both plays were "born of the same philosophy" is the writer's choice of words, not Carroll's. It does not lead to the conclusion that both were either right or wrong calls.
I don't know if Carroll said exactly that or not. The article makes if sound as if he said it.

From the article: The pass from the 1-yard line with 26 seconds left, he said, was born out of the same philosophy that led to the touchdown pass on which Seattle scored with six seconds to go in the first half.

I do know Carroll said this though (and it's very similar), "When we make our decisions, just like when we made the decision with 6 seconds left in the half, we are counting on our guys, we are trusting the process, we go with what we know and what we’ve learned and how we can believe in our guys and that’s why we do what we do."

So doesn't that pretty much sound like "both decisions were born from the same philosophy" even if he didn't use those exact words?

And you're right, it doesn't lead to the conclusion that both plays were either right or wrong. That's up to the ididvidual fan to decide. But both plays were born from the same philosophy (or whatever wording you want to use) so it's very hypocritical for someone to say one play was a good decsion, the other play was a bad decsion. I'm talking about the play call itself, not the result of the play call.