View Single Post
Old 12-05-2022, 06:21 PM
ErikV

Default A public apology

To the Net54 community,

Joe Tinker/Johnny Evers. Ty Cobb/Sam Crawford. Babe Ruth/Lou Gehrig. Juan Marichal/John Roseboro.
Throughout various eras in baseball history, there have been several notable long-held grudges.
Similar to the way these greats have held ill will, I too have allowed a lingering grievance to fester far too long.
I am writing to mend fences.

In 2017, a situation between myself and two N54 members arose almost simultaneously and I completely mishandled both incidents.
As a result, I have withheld posting on this board all this time. I take full responsibility for my behavior.
I regret the way I handled and conducted myself. For that, I owe both of these members a public and private amends,
and the N54 community an apology. In the future, I will do better.

In addition to making this public apology to them and to the board, I have also reached out offline and offered amends to both of them.
I seek neither sympathy nor accolades, nor am I doing this to appear virtuous; I'm simply trying to do the right thing.
While the jury is still out, I hope that there will still be room at the Net54 table for me to rejoin this community once again.

Erik V.