View Single Post
Old 08-29-2022, 04:38 PM
Gr.eg McCl.@y

Wow, this is unhinged. You are pumping in this thread, and openly so with your hyperbolic statements and outrage at people who are not even critical of the card but just not pumping it. Go read your own posts. I guess your Sunday was, indeed, ruined.

Quote:
Originally Posted by MattyC View Post
You don't know me for shit, pal. So don't pretend to know my motivations for what I type.
Did you see where I specifically said that I am not proscribing motivation, and do not care what the motivation is, and declined to speculate on it when your pals jumped in? I don't know why you type what you type, and I do not care. I can simply read.

Quote:
I could not give a rat's ass about the price of my cards. Maybe you "invest," since you typed about that above. If we're going to ascribe motivation behind posts, perhaps you're not pleased with the state of your own cardboard investments relative to cards like the Mantle? Despite all those facts— it being a DP, the 51B being his RC (tragically underappreciated, relative to the 52T, I might add)— the card world has never cared. Not for decades upon decades now. So you can shout those facts at the sky in some desperate schadenfreude Hail Mary that people will wake up one day and dislike it, yet other facts and intangibles about the card will win the day as they always have and always will. Its desirability and popularity endure. Some seem to have an axe to grind against the card, and get triggered when they contemplate its status and popularity— the motivations behind that would probably not be hard to divine.
I don't invest. I'd like for the card market to collapse, and have openly stated so here multiple times. My hobby dollars would buy more cards if it did to enjoy as cards.

Again, no one is attacking the 52 Mantle. I even said it was a great card last night, for the tenth time. Some of us just aren't pumping it. You are going ballistic at things not even critical of the card or hating on it. Get a grip.

Quote:
Not all of us look at our cards as investments and not all enthusiasm is financially motivated. I buy cards because I collect, though I sell on rare occasion when I have doubles or want something new. As to your condescendingly written string of questions about the card, yes: I know as much about his cards as you or anyone, for that matter.
My condescending questions are asking you to back up the load of complete bullshit you spewed. Where did anyone attack Mantle? When? Your claim to authority, that you know more about Mickey and his cards than me or anyone else in the world, is a bizarre ego flex but utterly irrelevant to anything I actually said.

Quote:
You don't seem to understand the very real concepts of eye appeal or centering in the vintage space and how they in effect create rarity, from your comments about the sheer pop of the card. It is specious at best and disingenuous at worst to cite sheer pop numbers, when we all know an overwhelming percentage of those that exist possess average eye appeal. At best.
I must seriously question your grip on reality by this point. When did I say the card is not a condition rarity? When did I say most copies are centered? I said there are many copies out there and so many more hobbyists are invested into it than most of the marquee cards. That is a fact. Can you try to deal with reality and what was actually said instead of the shit you make up?

Quote:
I don't need to nor have I ever "pumped" anything. Let alone the standard-bearer of the hobby, alongside the Wagner. Newsflash: people can be huge lovers of the 52T Mantle and the likes of a Wagner, Fred Foto Ruth, '25 Exhibit Lou, T210 Jackson, and '84 Donruss Mattingly. These are not mutually exclusive camps. If I posted extensively, as I have in the past, about my love of any of those cards, it would not be pumping. And as to what owners of this card or that card or the other card behave like... one thing I haven't seen fellow owners of the Mantle do is take time out to take negative pot shots at other great cards.
This is a wonderful example of what I mean about the 52 Mantle. Anything said about it that does not pump it's rep severely triggers a number of hobbyists, no matter how true the statement is. I called it a great card of a young Mantle from a great set with a great picture. Only to you is that an unbridled attack on the card.

Go renew your prescription and get a grip.

Last edited by G1911; 08-29-2022 at 04:40 PM. Reason: fixed a missing "k"