View Single Post
Old 05-05-2007, 11:16 PM
Administrator

Default SOME people might like to see some BASEBALL memorabilia

Posted By: mr. moses

and I'll be looking for one for myself"-). Here's one that goes against the forum rules but I couldn't resist one last "illegal" post as isn't the EVOLUTION important to our overall understanding as well as the cards......? I've never seen an earlier reference to "collecting the cards" type of thing AND it's ON such a card (actually there are 2 cards in the set with such a reference but I can only put my hands on one right now - other says "Got any stamp cards mister?"). Both from a fairly common Duke insert set N85-Postage Stamps that capitalized on a newly emerging stamp collecting hobby.

"Give us that card mister!"

(edited to add that the man is holding a pack of Duke cigarettes and the issue dates to 1887-1889 or so. Sorry for the poor scan)

(edited because I didn't want to bump the thread unfairly and felt the need to add the following):
Obviously the lack of posts to this thread suggests that many people don't want this subject discussed here. I have no problem with that. I for one will make sure whatever I post from now on will be ON the topic of pre-WWII baseball cards until such time as something changes in that regard. I wish only the best to the people here.....