View Single Post
Old 08-29-2021, 07:15 PM

Thanks for reading! I'll answer your questions below...

Quote:
Couple of questions:
1) What minimum grading level are you willing to submit these minor leaguers, and which grading companies do you think will increase the value of them?
I've got 660 graded cards, and 659 of them are PSA (the other one was too cheap to leave there despite not being PSA), so I'll likely stick with PSA. I subscribe to PSA and have done a few "value" subs to them for $12 per card, with the last being $20 a card. I don't know that it'd be worth subbing for much more than that, so I'm hoping PSA comes back with some kind of reasonable value sub at some point. I don't think the grading will add a ton of value if/until guys like Edmonds and Pettitte make the hall of fame. Then there might be some "profit" there. Time will tell I guess!

Quote:
2) Did you check COMC to see which team sets didn't have any listed? I've sold quite a few minor league cards like these that I found from my childhood on COMC in this manner. Since I have so many cards listed there, I get as many cards I can keep at $2.50 base price without paying additional storage fees on them. So even if I only sell one a month, at a 50 cents submission cost, that's $2 profit that can be turned into more card processing fees or more cards for flipping or my collection.
I've never sold on COMC. Would you recommend it? I have a few hundred other minor league singles listed on Sportlots and sales are pretty few and far between. If sets don't sell as complete sets, though, selling the singles on COMC might be an option.

Quote:
3) Did you check into eBay's new cheap card shipping options with tracking? How many ounces does a team set weigh? Maybe you could reduce your shipping to $1/team, and therefore sell them faster.
I use the eBay shipping for a lot of my single and small lots, and I really like it. I believe the max is 3 ounces, though, and I think the team sets push that limit, and the 1/4" thickness. I should probably look into formalizing combined shipping for the sets, though, as adding more sets doesn't add a lot of weight to an envelope.