View Single Post
Old 06-11-2021, 12:49 PM
Jeff
Je.ff Gro.ss

Default Hostess panels - advice?

Would love some advice from collectors of the hostess panels… forgive me if this belongs in another area of the site

1. I have a couple of nice panels that are hand trimmed but uneven. I am tempted to cut myself to even them up AND so they will fit ultra pro sheets for larger “cards”. See images below - they have some room to be trimmed (ie, they were not cut along the fake perforated lines from the original owner, I guess

2. Speaking of sheets, any advice on right-sized sheets for these hosted 3 card horizontal panels? I’d love to add the Yount panel to my Yount binder, etc.

3. If I ever do decide to grade/slab these, what is the experience of others to get higher grade in terms of hand cutting?

4. And overall collectibility… I am thinking of buying a couple of full hostess boxes to give my collection a different look (vs the card panel alone). Personally, I like the Twinkies boxes best - more recognizable when I torture my non collector friends and family to view my collection 😬

Thanks for any advice - love to hear from you experienced Hostess card collectors!

Jeff