View Single Post
Old 08-14-2016, 02:34 PM
Tony S.ti.ns.a
Tony Stins.a

Default Future of Grading

I think that e-Commerce and the demise of shows and person to person dealing without an intermediary like an auction house or site makes grading essential.

I also have concerns / complaints over PSA's grading. The mere fact that they encourage me to send a card in for re-grading despite their supposed grading by one human and another who does peer review (I have the emails where they told me to do so), tells me that they have become more interested in profit maximization than long-term customer satisfaction. For that reason, I do believe there is room for a 3rd party grader to overtake PSA - and SGC seems best positioned at the moment.

It takes time for such transitions, but one thing is for sure, and that is that there are plenty of sellers out there that a grading service helps to protect us from. See the eBay ratings and feedback for Battlefield 0516 from all of their "beautiful, breathtaking, etc." cards that people have been dissatisfied with. That is what makes the future of grading bright.