View Single Post
Old 12-17-2020, 08:51 AM
T3d $h3rm@n

Hi Dale, I'd just keep plucking them off, and scouring the boards. I've been trying to pick up high number lots. Though only needing a handful of cards, it's been tough to locate them buried in lots for a fair price. Sadly, I just cant justify paying retail for the whole lot, mostly of which I do not need. Maybe I am going the way of the Dodo?

Also, grading fees and times have increased dframtically. I prefer to have my highs ( about 90% slabbed) and stars graded, and would submit nice commons at the $6 level. However the cheapest they may ever be is 8.50.

Has this helped the price of raw or graded commons? Picking up Vg lots at $5 per card, grading them, and having a card worth 13.50 after 10 months just doesn't do it for me. It's a losing proposition. What happens from here? Graded set collectors just give up? It just seems to be coming to a turning point.

I do have a decent lot of 50 to submit, and probably naother 50 which will just barely fit my set. I still need 230 graded, but at this point, aside from the ease factor in selling/pricing it seems like a fool's errand.

Always looking for signed 1952 topps as well as variations and errors