View Single Post
Old 09-17-2016, 01:36 PM
L@rry T1p+0n

Today, in the south part of Jacksonville, a "card show" inside a "card shop"? I attended this event a couple of months ago, and it was OK. But today I was holding a $25 gift card to "Cheesecake Factory", so I made the drive!

The owner of the card shop had recently purchased a collection of mostly EX-MT 1960s Topps cards, (some gorgeous cards) with a few off grade cards mixed in. So I thumbed through the cards and picked out the lower grade stuff, but also picked out an interesting advertising card T.C.G. from 1959 which I had never seen before.

In addition to this advertising card I picked out these baseball cards, 2 1952 Topps, 1 1953 Topps, 2 1954 Bowman, 6 1954 Topps, 2 1955 Bowman (Zimmer), 1957 Topps NY Giants team card, and two 1959 Topps team cards. But what I really wanted was that advertising card. Dealer asked for $30 and I countered with $25, which he took which included the advertising card pictured below.

There is one similar listed right now on eBay "1959 Bazooka Bloney Pennant" add insert card listed at $69.99 OBO. Interesting that the eBay card notes the "typical slit on the side" and the card I bought today also has this slit but on the opposite side of the card. Does anyone have any additional info on this card? It's slightly smaller than a regular 1959 Topps baseball card and it's paper thin.
Thanks in advance.
Larry

Last edited by LuckyLarry; 09-17-2016 at 02:08 PM.