View Single Post
Old 02-16-2008, 03:07 PM
Administrator

Default GAI's comeback "strategy"

Posted By: Kevin Saucier

Although I’m not a big player in the industry, I was invited down to Global. I took off work on Feb 6th and spent much of the day there.

I met with the Bill Dully and was impressed to find out he was the innovator behind UD Sweet Spots, SP Authenticated and Donruss Prime Cuts and Timeless Treasures. In the modern world these are big products. I can only guess that good ideas that were never launched now have a chance….we shall see.

Seems Wednesday was my Monday! Spent time with Baker who wanted to follow-through on an old idea, plus get my cards that were held up in the move. To my surprise everything was there, all my cards were graded and returned (in hand) that day and the old idea took a huge step forward.

I decided to test the system, giving them a somewhat scarce 66 card 1984 Topps encapsulated proof set, tough to find as a complete single-card set. These are hand cut from a sheet and PSA won’t grade them so it was perfect for GAI. They stated it would be completed within 10 days. "Yeah right" that has yet to happen...ever.

Grades popped today 2/15. It may just be a miracle.

*On a side note, many of the top cards received 9’s and 9.5’s (Ryan, Trillo) with an overall score of about 8.7. For some reason I had confidence in my trimming ability.

Not sure how to describe it, other than there seems to be a new vibe there that was previously lacking.

Kevin Saucier