View Single Post
Old 01-28-2017, 01:47 AM
Jeff G@rf!nkel

Quote:
Originally Posted by EYECOLLECTVINTAGE View Post
Are you implying you think it is fake?
Nope....I am reacting to this post by you:

"I just got this in. I think it;s the real deal. The only thing that gives me any skepticism is the fact the pencil looks almost light blue.

Is this a common pencil attribute when on ticket stock over 60 years old?

I have uploaded close ups of each name. is this good guys?"

I am not sure of the authenticity myself based on the photos, but I really question the sellers eBay description- "This came from the estate of a relative (nearly thrown out!) who attended the game. This was just discovered in the last week and I'm hoping for a quick sale to cover some expenses. I can not accept returns, but shipping within the US is free. Please feel free to ask any questions. Thanks!". The description also adds "Stored since the game in climate controlled box (not out in light)."

My red flags are estate of a relative who attended the game, quick sale to cover expenses, stored in climate controlled box but almost thrown out, no returns, etc. My experience is that these are common huckster phrases or added extraneous information to help reel the buyer in.

Stephen, even after getting the ticket delivered to you, you are still not sure of the authenticity and are relying on people on Net54 to give you a thumbs up or down. If you were at a show or wherever, you would have had to make this decision on your own. As I stated in previous threads, I think that it would be a great learning experience for you to have to do this all in person. My rule about autographs that do not come with a reputable COA is will I be happy to own this in the future with little doubt that it is real? If I have any doubts, I don't buy it. Let's face it, there is no 100% certainty on any autograph that you do not get in person and there are plenty of stories about autographs with COA's being fakes. I would suggest reading the book Operation Bullpen.

Again, just my 2¢, I am trying to be helpful. Good luck.

Jeff