View Single Post
Old 07-31-2021, 09:15 AM
Casey

Quote:
Originally Posted by Snapolit1 View Post
I really hope we don't see articles in a month about how this shindig turned into some super spreader type event. That's a lot of people under one roof. Albeit a huge roof. Everyone is free to make their own choices based on their comfort levels. In speaking with a few friends who are connected with auction houses or card companies in recent months the reaction I heard from all three of the was the same: I really don't feel very comfortable going but feel like I need to for the sake of business.
Think of Disney World on one of it's most crowded days. Everyone was having a great time. Some even brought lawn chairs to rest and just hang out. People were sitting in the middle of the floor just to rest and wait. (I was one of them). The crowds just walked kindly around them. Everyone was nice! I did some 'pay it forward'. A guy in line didn't have anything for the player to sign except his ticket. I offered him a baseball free, and he surprised me by giving me a couple autograph tickets free. The only less than happy experience was finding a Norm Larker BB Buck for $45. I told the guy I could get it for that on ebay. He didn't even want to bargain. Here's a couple photos....I know, not pre-war - but I've wanted meet these guys.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg Screenshot_20210731-100923.jpg (74.6 KB, 426 views)
File Type: jpg Screenshot_20210731-101257.jpg (74.5 KB, 424 views)