View Single Post
Old 02-01-2023, 02:14 AM
Bob C.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Michael B View Post
Darn you Michael, I was going to save that for a possible follow-up Hawkwind trivia. LOL

You are right though, they used to have Arthur play with the group as part of Hawkwind, and then on other occasions he would perform separately as his own act, The Crazy World of Arthur Brown, and open or be on the same bill with them. These guys are all like true throw-backs to the hippie era of the late 60s-early 70s, and were really into festivals and free performances and all that. They still put on their own annual festival called "Hawkfest", the latest one of which was just back in September of last year, and The Crazy World of Arthur Brown, was on the bill. I assume they may have a 2023 Hawkfest in the works as well. If you check their site you can see who else was on their 2022 Hawkfest bill, and also that they have a few 2023 concert dates already set up as well. If you go to the site, be sure to check out some of the other groups they've recently played with or are scheduled to play with in 2023. Some definite jogs to the old memory: Curved Air, Soft Machine, Jethro Tull, Wishbone Ash

http://www.hawkwind.com/
My brain is a sponge.

Wishbone Ash is doing their 50th Anniversary tour this year. I am going to try and see one of the shows near me so Andy Powell can sign my rock book.

Curved Air - Stuart Copeland was their drummer before he joined The Police. Trivia - Stuart is one of two famous rock drummers born just a few miles from me in Alexandria, VA. The other - Dave Grohl. Eddie Jobson was also a member of Curved Air. I saw him play in the supergroup UK (John Wetton, Alan Holdsworth and Bill Bruford). Copeland, Jobson, Holdsworth and Bruford (twice) have all signed my rock book

Soft Machine - When I was working in the courts up in Mass I did a lot of work in Cambridge. They converted one of the original old buildings in the courthouse complex into offices and a multicultural arts center. In March, 1992 Daevid Allen, founding member of the band, was having a concert there. It was such a casual place I walked in and watched his sound check. He signed my rock book twice, once for Soft Machine and once for Gong. Alan Holdsworth, mentioned above, also played in Gong.[/QUOTE]

I am truly jealous!!!!