View Single Post
Old 08-31-2019, 07:08 PM
Hen.ry Mos.es

Default no feelings about whether your card is trimmed

For what it's worth I have twice tried to have PSA do a grade review for a moderately significant refund (1000. & 1400.). The second time at a national Joe personally went behind the curtain and emerged 10 minutes later - assured me about the confirming opinion of his "top grader" (guess the guy was just sitting there?!!?!) on a grossly over graded card that it was just as graded - IMHO I don't think they are willing to be unbiased when it comes to liability big or small. I subsequently sold the second card for a loss - as it bothered me more than it should have and didn't fit in my set aesthetically.

I think it all comes down to you and your comfort level. Nice card.

As for Pete - I casually looked at your card and didn't see anything amiss. Nice card as well. I've only owned the Tinker/Evers/Chance.
Over the past 20 years I have freaked a few times when trimming, counterfeiting, reproductions, fakes or some other scandal has hit the news or come along by word of mouth or observation in any one of my prior hobbies. It's not a bad thing to look things over - helps to focus where one's head is at with regard to the how, why, and the do I still want to do this part of collecting.
As it turns out I did find an enameline baseball paper doll and a Duke trade card that were fakes in one of those jags.....

Last edited by 1880nonsports; 08-31-2019 at 07:08 PM.