View Single Post
Old 03-17-2009, 09:31 AM
Administrator

Default PHILLY SHOW this weekend....Mar 13-15th

Posted By: James Gallo

Well guys I was there all day saturday and had an ok time.

I managed to find a few Attell cards I needed, and a couple of Cracker Jack upgrades, but I agree the prices were a bit high and the dealers not super willing to work with you.

I think a lot of people got messed up beause of the gun show. Parking was a pain, but everyone was waiting on line for the gun show. If you walked up to the top door you could have skipped that huge line. I waited for maybe 5 minutes to get in.

Crowd seemed out but not great. I think being in the basement was not the best place and the layout was very odd as it wasn't square rows like normal.

There were several dealers missing, but the show did sell out it's dealer space and it was full. Didn't seem to be as much new stuff which may be a result of the large price increase for dealer tables.

All in all aside from the auctions I didn's see much that wowed me. I think for the first time I came with good trade bait and some cash and didn't need either.

Dropped some stuff off at the graders and had my ususally great chats with the SGC crew.

All in all a nice day. I do wish the show would go back to 3 times a year though as waiting 6 months can be painful at times.

James G

Looking for 1915 Cracker Jacks and 1909-11 American Caramel E90-1.