View Single Post
Old 12-18-2012, 09:44 AM
Marc S.

Default Just my thoughts, Leon

and always appreciate a good discussion.

Same seller had a 1928 Zeenut perhaps two weeks ago that had three bidders over $275:

http://offer.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.d...m=271113232410

My track on 2012 is that there have been fewer than twenty-five Zeenuts with coupons to make it to auction. I think the last big grouping to become available was the ones in B&L auction (Fall 2011) that were sold off individually. The biggest grouping I've seen this year is a single seller on Ebay that had approximately fourteen 1931 / 1932 Zeenut with coupons available, all sold individually -- with the auctions being pulled before close. And I'm including that group of fourteen in my "less than 25" calculation for what's been available in 2012.

I know that there are hundreds (if not 2,000-3,000) Zeenuts with coupons out there, but I believe that the vast majority of them are tied up in a small number of collectors who have been working on their respective runs over the past few decades.

Even if you look at the amazing Zeenut run that REA had in this Spring's auction, not a single example included the coupon.

M