View Single Post
Old 07-18-2015, 10:46 PM
ja.ke liebe.rman

Location: https://www.psacard.com/psasetregistry/mysetregistry/set/348387

Still your cancer analogy makes no sense...people have doctors that they treat with and have a lot of information by the time they go on any forum...people that buy signed cards probably didn't consult with someone with an advanced degree on autographed collectibles, people don't typically dig up as much information as they would if it was a life and death decision.........making healthcare decisions are a lot more difficult then buying collectibles.....I would imagine that more people use net54 as their only source of information to make a purchase decision than people would rely on a healthcare forum as their only source to make a life and death decision..

there would be no reason for me to make a comment like you suggested in your analogy which I wont repeat ....the people would already know that....however people who post and read on net54 may not know what typical responses are to people asking for advise whether something is real or not...and they may have comfort in knowing that they aren't the only one that possibly got cheated..

I still think its in poor taste to compare cancer to cards. (that's great to hear about your recovery by the way as an aside ) ...people collect things to escape the world and problems... ..yes I understand that analogies involve 2 different things..but you could of used another different thing and not cancer in your analogy...I would suggest you use a different and better analogy...... 'buy the card not the holder' is a common comment that everyone knows about that no one takes issue with even if some people may think at certain times it does appear snide.....you cant please everyone 100% of the time.. ..if my 3 posts out of my 1000 offended anyone in which I stated an agreed fact... I certainly didn't intend to do that.

--Incidentally I just took a look at the prior thread where one of my first 2 of those dreaded 3 posts came--- I hadn't even seen it since my famous comment there...I can see some people didn't take issue at all with what I said and I can also see people going on and on even though I didn't make any other comment ever again on the thread.......I guess we could of had this long discussion over and done with if I bothered to check out the thread before now!!

Last edited by 1952boyntoncollector; 07-18-2015 at 11:08 PM.