View Single Post
Old 01-24-2008, 05:57 AM
Administrator

Default Dealer Prices are crazy!

Posted By: Jason

I for one am a collector that has a large amount of inventory. I opened up an ebay store to liquidate this and have been selling both in auction format and store format ever since. I do put my store inventory in at more of a retail price, but alot of collectors do pay it. It is only the higher end material. The auctions I run at $0.99 no reserve ususally, unless its a major set like the 52 Topps and Parkhurst Hockey I have on right now which is reserve auction. My experience is that I get alot of stupid rediculous offers from buyers so it works both ways. I do understand that many dealers or sellers are overinflated to say the least, but I ususally put items in at 20% over what I paid and let them sit (which is usually close to market or under). If I get an offer close to that I take it. Some items that are tougher etc., I cant, but I do the best I can. I think there are alot of overpriced items but that is the seller's perrogative. Alot of these guys have inventory sitting for years abd that is why. My point is to just make an offer and see what happens. I sold some OJs this week from store......one I took like 70% for and the other I couldnt go under 90% of what I had listed. You never know what you can buy these items for.

Jason