View Single Post
Old 08-02-2011, 10:20 AM
Leon
peasant/forum owner

Default NO NEW rules!! :)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr. Zipper View Post
Absolutely not. One of the benefits of the selling forum is that it is generally from knowledgable, reputable collectors. Adding a TPA/COA requirement would be a burden on the vast majority of sellers.

Don't create rules to handle the exceptions. These things usually weed themselves out, as it did in the case.

One rule that might make sense is that scans are required for any item over a certain amount. This would prevent anyone from trying to sneak one by.
Don't worry....I HATE making rules so that is not my intention whatsoever. What I hate worse than rules though is not discussing anything that we can think of to try to make the forum better. Our BST is wildly popular and usually has far more threads than any other section of the board. There are 0 rules now and that would be my intention going forward. I don't even like the requirement for scans but it makes sense to have them. As always it is Caveat Emptor over there. My only punitive actions I/we can take are not being able to use the board if someone does something wrong. Of course general laws still apply as they do anywhere. Any other thoughts would be great too. best regards