View Single Post
Old 09-05-2011, 10:52 AM
Geno W@gn&r

Default T202 set

I'd say it's not a tough set to complete, depending on how you go about it. If you want the basic set, it will just depend on your checkbook, for the most part. If you want to chase different backs, then it will take a lot of patience. There are three possible backs - red, black 649, and black 30. I don't know for a fact, but I imagine each card can be found with a red or black back. However, I don't think every card can be found with a Black Factory 30 back.

As for the Cobbs - there are a lot of them, but they are relatively cheap compared to the Cobbs of other sets. You'll find the scarcity of the Cobbs is not the same either - for instance, I think the Desperate Slide for Third card is the toughest. As for the rest of the cards, you'll find some that are scarcer than others as you go along, so I'm not sure how they were printed. Others that have always been reported scarce tend not to be, like the Birmingham card. If you don't like Chief Meyers, than don't go after this set - he's everywhere!

The set is beautiful and underrated. I even buy lots of end/middle panels just because they are cheap and fun! If only they were trimmed in T205 gold...

Take Care,
Geno