View Single Post
Old 10-29-2011, 02:41 PM
Steve Zarelli

Quote:
Originally Posted by drc View Post
In recent years, I watched the late night HSN sports autographs show starring Kenny Goldin, former President of SB. The autographs were all way overpriced but appeared genuine. So I have no doubt the HSN could be a source for genuine autographs.
Correct. There is a lot of misinformation out there regarding Scoreboard. In the late 80s - mid 90s, Scoreboard was the Steiner of its day. I bought several items with ScoreBoard certs through a shopping show and they are as good as gold.

In later years after Paul Goldin (the father died), Ken Goldin (the son) took over and the business started to struggle. They got into a bad deal with DiMaggio for a relatively high fee. After completing his Scoreboard obligations, DiMaggio really screwed them over by then signing a ton of balls at a lesser price for other dealers... completely devaluing all the stuff he signed for ScoreBoard.

In their decline, there were rumors of some questionable stuff coming from Scoreboard, but I have yet to see one iota of evidence other than rumors.

Unfortunately, the ScoreBoard COA was s simple piece of paper that was easily replicated. Chances are bogus material with a "ScoreBoard COA" isn't a real ScoreBoard coa.