View Single Post
Old 10-30-2011, 11:28 AM
Belltown Vintage

Quote:
Originally Posted by thetruthisoutthere View Post
In other words, if someone was selling a Mantle signed bat with a COA from Scoreboard, and even if the autograph was authentic, the bat didn't come from Scoreboard.

Also, I have never seen an autograph with a COA from Morales that is authentic, but just because the COA was issued from Morales I'm not going to assume it is a forgery. I will always examine the autograph first and foremost, because you never know, Morales might get lucky and get one right.
Christopher, Thanks but I was quoting a previous response to one of my posts - I guess I needed to telegraph my intent.

Originally asked in the very first post: "I wanted to know if it looks ok to people who have more expertise in this."

The conversation took a turn from 'LOOKING' at the signatures, to evaluating the legitimacy of the paper documentation. I think that's a backwards way of doing things. I might have missed something, but after Barry and I posted the first two responses, I don't think anyone else ever said anything about the actual signatures. On the other hand, there were several who have much more experience than me in evaluating signatures, who chose instead to evaluate the paper. Curious.