View Single Post
Old 05-07-2014, 06:57 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by steve B View Post
I knew there had to be someone else collecting Signature rookies.

The 8x10s were plentiful and cheap for a while, but I don't see them anymore. Most weren't numbered but I think they weren't common.

The retail only set was pretty tough too. It looked like a boxed set, but wasn't and had its own inserts. There was a TV shopping version of the same set that had what I think were exclusive signature cards.

There's a lot of their stuff that's not cataloged, and a lot of their sets from the very end that just didn't seem to get totally released. One of the last hockey sets I think was only about 60% signed.
I also think some of their less common stuff was held internally as a golden parachute of sorts. There's a whole class of stuff that I don't ever recall seeing when it was current that showed up a couple years after they closed.

Steve B
What's curious is that some of the stuff that I beleive someone scurried off with has never popped up for sale AFAIK. Or at least not recently. I suspect a lot of redemption items never made it...like you said, nearly half of one set didn't get released.