View Single Post
Old 08-19-2020, 05:03 PM

I find this whole thread very offensive, especially since
1. i am a known member on this forum, and i read and monitor it, and PMs and anyone with a question can email me
2. this topic has been addressed previously, ON THIS VERY FORUM, our resident autograph expert Chris Williams who has helped the FBI with auto fraud cases has chimed in.

In general to score board, after the company went bankrupt in 1998, Tony Podsada (yes THAT Tony Podsada)...
https://www.net54baseball.com/showthread.php?t=258169
https://www.sportscollectorsdaily.co...ny-autographs/

...produced FAKE score board COAs and starting putting them with Bad items. They did this for literally 100,000+ items, maybe millions, therefore and unfortunately rendering all the legitimate stuff score board put out over the years questionable, and needing a TPA if it is going to be sold.

As an example, Specific to KOBE BRYANT
if you wish, go to this link and READ
https://law.justia.com/cases/federal...8/585/1553511/

if you wish to save time, i have the key portion listed below. HOWEVER, SB had 32,500 autographs from Kobe at $2 per autograph! yes $2 per. if you have 32.500 autos to use for $2 why would you forge? and a publicly held company doing $110 million per year as well with a Nasdaq National listing?
Use your heads, this is insulting, and anyone in the thread who made comments is duly noted.
below are some background info , links and the docs from the Kobe Bryant case showing he had a contract to sign 32,500 autos AT ONLY $2 PER SIGNATURE , of which under 15,000 were used in 1998 when company went under...finally, is a post from me 8 YEARS AGO on net 54, addressing this very topic. i hope this ends all discussion and i hope those posting in this thread that made insulting comments regarding this edit or delete those.
thank you
Ken Goldin

here are some threads on NET54 discussing him, and the fact that he faked autos and counterfeited certs
https://www.net54baseball.com/showth...h+certificates

in early July 1996, after the above negotiations, Debtor prepared and forwarded a signed written licensing agreement ("agreement") to Bryant. The agreement granted Debtor the right to produce licensed products, such as trading cards, with Bryant's image. Bryant was obligated to make two personal appearances on behalf of Debtor and provide between a minimum of 15,000 and a maximum of 32,500 autographs. Bryant was to receive a $2.00 stipend for each autograph, after the first 7,500. Under the agreement, Bryant could receive a maximum of $75,000 for the autographs.
8-09-2012, 03:04 PM
kengoldin kengoldin is offlineKen Goldin

1. Score Board inc(SB) and autographs. SB was the first company to mass market sports autographs, and to sign athletes to long term deals. All autographs signed for SB were witnessed and affidavits were signed by the athletes attesting to the fact they personally signed xx items on xx date. Each item came with a certificate of authenticity from SB. at the time (1989) this was a revolution in the industry, and put autographed memorabilia on the TV shopping networks, JC penny catalog, Sharper Image, Sams clubs, and more.
Unfortunately, the technology back then was not where it was in the late 90s to today. There were instances of customers from QVC and elsewhere taking a fake autograph, coupling it with a real cert, and trying to sell it as authentic with a SB cert. SB went after these people when brought to its attention and I have articles from 20 years ago in my possession talking about this.
In addition, there were instances of people, while SB was still in business, counterfeiting SB certs and trying to pass off fake autographs and fake SB certs as real certs. Again, there are court cases to this effect and I have articles on how SB busted people with uncut sheets of fake SB certs at the printer.
Around 92-93 to combat these problems SB started marking its autographed items with a mark that was detectable under UV light. In addition, it began to mark its certs with a hidden water mark as well. 100% of the certs that are REAL and have the name 'ken goldin' have this mark. If it does not have the mark, and has the facsimile of Ken goldin, it is a fake cert. SB did not publicize this fact because it wanted to stay 1 step ahead of the forgers. It told its customers but did not point out where the water mark was, or what it was. I have , however, made dealers and press (example an interview i did with TJ Schwartz 2 years ago where he mentioned that SB certs and items were marked...but did not mention where or how) are of this.

Once SB filed for bankruptcy in April 1998, and once they ceased operations totally in 1999, there have been a flood of fake autographs and fake SB certs hitting the markets. The forgers, with the knowledge there is no one to sue them or go after them, have used what good will the SB had left in the autograph industry, to sell their fake items with a fake SB cert on the unsuspecting buyer.

I have spent the past 10 years working law enforcement and hobby members to police the industry of these forgeries. I have worked with others in the industry to try to make people aware of fakes, clean up EBAY, as well keep people informed of what an athlete signed under his SB contract. I have personally contacted well over 200 EBAY sellers DIRECTLY with respect to an item that they are selling with an SB cert that I know is fake, or in many cases was not even an item that the athlete signed under his contract (ie: Mickey mantle never signed a single bat for SB, not even ONE for me personally...and i asked him!). It is very sad to me that some newer collectors are sold an autograph item with a Sb cert, find out from PSA or JSA it is no good, and then mistakenly think SB sold fake autographs. The fact is, the cert is likely NOT a real SB cert, and the item is not an SB item.
I am happy to make myself available to members of this community to send me images or ask me questions about athlete contracts and who signed what and make educated purchase decisions. As a result of all this, it is imperative that if you want to re sell anything with a supposed SB cert, you pretty much need to go to JSA or PSA, unless you are selling to experts like Mill Creek who trust their own judgement