View Single Post
Old 03-28-2003, 08:59 AM
Administrator

Default thoughts on this grade?

Posted By: Keith O'Leary

I need to add my 2 cents here. The N43 in question was submitted to SGC by me and I'm also assuming Jay is talking about my non baseball N162s in the registry.

All the Goodwins and the N43 Kerrigan were graded under the Derek Grady "tenure". If memory serves me correctly, the N43 has a nice clean back, no creases, with the only detrement being the corners.

Unfortunately, scans of the backs of these cards are not shown although they are considered when a card is graded. In fact, many attributes and detrements are considered as a whole before assigning a grade along with the black and white issues such as creasing.

Take a look at my N162 Glasscock. This is an absolutely beautiful card that has some very very minor "wrinkling" in the top surface of paper on the front. It has a super clean back, but because of the wrinkling (probably can't even be seen in the scan), it got a 40. As said many times over here on the board, "buy the card, not the holder".

Take a look at the N2 Indians I have registered if you want to see how "lenient" has become. ALL these cards were graded under the Scott and Bob regime (none of these have any back problems to speak of incidently).

My cards will continue to go to SGC.