View Single Post
Old 11-29-2019, 09:42 PM
Eddie S.
Eddie Smi.th

Quote:
Originally Posted by Peter_Spaeth View Post
Certainly Babe Ruth v. Derek Jeter is.

If the only question is which card will go up more, then really who on earth knows, it depends on future generations of collectors and whether they still want the prewar cards.

Maybe the best buy out there is a relatively hard to find Trout like the Diamond Update, given his upside to be one of the top handful of players ever.
I completely understand what you are saying about the best buy possibly being an obscure Trout card. But maybe the best buy from a purely financial standpoint isn't even baseball. Ruth, Jeter and Trout aren't flying under anyone's radar.

I always like reading David Peck's posts on here about his Wrestling All-Stars collection and its explosion in value in recent years. Peck started scooping up those cards when they were worth virtually nothing, and a high-grade Hulk Hogan Wrestling All-Stars card could be had for $50. Who would have ever thought those cards would explode the way they have? I don't even understand what Magic the Gathering and Pokemon cards are, so I really don't get why some of them now sell for five figures at auction.

Last edited by Bored5000; 11-29-2019 at 09:49 PM.