View Single Post
Old 12-02-2019, 04:27 PM
M@rk S@tterstr0m

Quote:
Originally Posted by perezfan View Post
I’d support a TPG that could simply deem a card as being unaltered, provided they could do it effectively. I know others would as well. Maybe there’s a niche for those who don’t give a hoot about the Registry, or paying 1000 times more for a card because it “appears” to be mint. I just have a hunch that something different will come along as the “mistakes” continue to be revealed. And if the FBI does intervene, it will only serve to accelerate the process.
I wish SABR would create a subsidiary that, like their current retrosheet.org website, would be basically non-profit. But the grading could ensure a stable operating stream for everything else they do, by charging nominal fees.

In terms of integrity, knowledge and respect for the history of the game and so on, they are top notch. And with their organization doing the grading without a profit motive, at minimum any mistakes made would be honest ones.

Is anyone here a member of SABR? It would be an ambitious effort, but is it something they might at least be willing to look at?