View Single Post
Old 10-22-2011, 02:46 PM
Ad@m W@r$h@w

A few thoughts:

1. The issue is a non-issue as far as I am concerned because I don't think there's any way to structure a 'golden rule' of BST behavior to prohibit or delay a resale of an item. I set my price and if I give away the item to someone who wants to flip it, so be it.

2. I am reluctant to cast aspersions on a buyer's decisionmaking process without having all of the facts. Circumstances and plans change. I have picked up impulse purchases many times only to quickly decide that the item doesn't fit with my collection. I've also needed to sell cards to make a quick buck to cover an unforeseen expense or take advantage of an unforeseen collecting opportunity. It happens.

3. As long as we're talking karma, there's another metaphysical concept that seems apporpos: detachment. Let it go. If you choose not to wring the top dollar out of your items, accept the possibility that your buyer may flip the item. In the end things pretty much work out as they should. Once a person is known as a notorious flipper, they aren't going to get any breaks here. FWIW, I've noticed that the really rapacious BST flippers have relatively short life-spans here. They seem to wear out their welcomes among the membership and fade back into the woodwork.

https://adamstevenwarshaw.substack.com/

Or not...